I did this last year and and it was nice to see the Best Nine Instagram posts of 2016.
My Best Nine of 2015 looked like this:
- I got married to my best friend.
- We met our fur baby Lola for the first time.
- I ran my first full marathon
My Best Nine for 2016 turned out like this:
- The hubby and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary.
- I ran a few times.
- I drank some more coffee.
- The hubby and I completed our second marathon being the Marine Corps Marathon.
- We celebrated our 4th Christmas together!
- I ran my 10th half marathon!
- We ran a 5k in Ugly Christmas Sweaters in the sleet and rain!
2016 was definitely an eventful year. I didn’t come out of it completing all the goals I wish I had accomplished, one mainly being breaking 2 hours in the half marathon. But setbacks happen this time being meniscus surgery. But in those setbacks you become stronger and wiser. I am thankful for the set back it gave me a new perspective that I didn’t have before.
As most people do around this time, they set goals for the new year. In terms of my running I decided that I have goals in mind. Like breaking 2 hours in the half marathon, but I am ok if I don’t complete that goal in 2017. It is a goal for me to continue to work towards. As well as, my goal to run half marathon in all 50 states which will not happen in 2017 but over a long period of time.
I am excited about the new goals I have set out for myself and I am not putting the pressure on myself to complete them in 365 days. If I break 2 hours in the half marathon I would be elated. But I don’t want to have another set back and then be disappointed in my progress so I am going to see where the wind takes me and enjoy the ride of 2017!